Seoul shares open lower on Fed's higher
时间:2023-09-28 03:28:08 出处:교육阅读（143）
South Korean stocks opened lower Monday on concerns about the Federal Reserve's aggressive monetary tightening for a longer-than-expected period.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index shed 9.31 points, or 0.37 percent, to 2,498.82 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
The US central bank last week signaled it could hike interest rates again this year while keeping the rates unchanged.
On Friday, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.31 percent, and the tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite inched down 0.09 percent.
In Seoul, most top-cap shares opened lower.
Market bellwether Samsung Electronics lost 0.15 percent, and chip giant SK hynix retreated 1.02 percent,
Leading battery maker LG Energy Solution lost 0.92 percent, and Posco Holdings sank 2.46 percent. LG Chem decreased 0.39 percent.
Carmakers also opened lower. Top automaker Hyundai Motor went down 0.78 percent, and Kia shed 0.12 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,334.60 won against the dollar at 9:15 a.m., up 2.2 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
- Seoul shares tumble to 5
- [사진] 용산 팔도장터 찾아 떡메치기
- N.Korea blasts Yoon for denouncing military ties with Russia at UN
- 여당, 총선변수에 고심…“쇄신한 민주당과 대결 준비해야”
- [Herald Interview] Love is what defines artist Dawn
- [Herald Review] ‘Cobweb,’ a fresh, new wind in the Korean box office
- [Hello Hangeul] The making of Korean language textbooks featuring BTS
- Seoul shares open lower on Fed's higher
- '코로나 봉쇄' 북한, 국경 열었다…3년8개월 만에 외국인 입국